At CLDP we recognise the importance of continuing and supporting the learning from school in the home environment. To this end we have implemented a compressive school to home communication programme so that our children can practice their new learned skills in the home. It also allows all members of the family to engage with the child about their school day and the child to share their day.
- Monthly specialised Circle time shared with the parents outlining tasks, songs, poems, themes etc. for the month
- Parent/Teacher meeting each term to review progress against IEP’s and inform parents of new goals
- Consultants may also meet with parents as needed to suggest activities solely for the home environment
- The staff at CLDP are highly experienced and support parents on implementation of all programmes at home
- PECS and visual supports are provided for home where applicable
- Daily communication journal allows parents to access some of what the child did at school thus enabling conversation and sharing at home.